Firestone 76mm wide QuickSeam Splice tape - enter your length - W56RAC1603C
Seaming tape, 75mm wide. Sold here priced per lineal metre, cut to your required length off the roll to the 0.1m increment.
Seam primer is required to prepare the surface of the liner prior to applying this product.
Please watch the Instructional Videos below.
Seaming tape, 75mm wide, Sold here priced per lineal metre, cut to your required length off the roll to the 0.1m increment.
Used for lap jointing of EPDM liner
- For correct application of this tape you must prepare the mating raw EPDM surfaces with QuickPrime Plus EPDM Seam Primer applied with a Scotchbright type plastic scouring pad or Firestone QuickScrubber Tool Set. No other primer liquid is permitted.
- It is critical that the seaming surfaces are not contaminated with sand from the substrate. The use of geotextile underlay or even a 1m wide strip of black builder's plastic under the entire seam if not using underlay will prevent sand contaminants. A rigid board must be dragged along underneath during application if on soft or uneven ground to ensure a solid force can be applied to the seam with the Firestone Seam Rolling Tool. For small on-off jobs the Budget Seam Roller Tool will be sufficient.
- A crayon mark is placed approximately 20mm out from the overlap edge. This means that the placement of the backing tape to this crayon mark will ensure that there is a minimum 5mm of exposed seam tape when the overlap is placed and rolled into position - see in the video below
- When overlapping Seam Splice tape, Firestone Guidelines suggest the application of a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch along with the use of Firestone Lap Sealant HS over the compromised overlap as may have the potential of a capillary leak - see in the video below
- Where multiple panels of EPDM meet resulting in a tee or cross intersection of overlapping QuickSeam Splice tape, Firestone Installation Guidelines suggest the application of a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch along with the use of Firestone LapSealant HS over the compromised overlap as may have the potential of a capillary leak - see in the video below
How to apply 76mm QuickSeam Splice Tape
Please note the important detail during the following video time slots:
- At 1.05 mins, watch tacking of the panels together to eliminate unwanted movement of the panel alignment and reducing possible dust ingress from the substrate.
- At 1.37 mins, watch the crayon mark positioned 20mm from the overlap edge to allow correct positioning of seam tape later. This enables 5-10mm of seam tape to be exposed on completion of the seam. This means that that there will be no unadhered overlap on completion.
- At 1.42 mins, watch how primer is used as a temporary tacking of the overlap. This prevents it being inadvertently blown back by wind during the process.
- At 2.50 mins, see the careful placement of the seam tape's backing tape. It is aligned against the crayon marks.
Installing a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch on a QuickSeam Splice Tape overlap
Installation of a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch at a T joint of QuickSeam Splice Tape (Option 1). Note there must be at least 75mm coverage from the potential leak spot
Installation of a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch at a T joint of QuickSeam Splice Tape (Option 2). Note there must be at least 75mm coverage from the potential leak spots
Installation of a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch at a sharp angle-change of a seam. Note there must be at least 75mm coverage from the potential leak spots