Innovation and design of pond equipment in UK since 1981
Hozelock (UK) Bioforce Revolution Biological UVC Filters
Outperforms all other high-end European brands by design - No clogging
Also see two other models Bioforce Revolution 9000UVC - 1353 and Bioforce Revolution 14000UVC - 1354
4.9-Star rating by Amazon UK at 4 May 2017
The preferred choice for major zoos and aquatic life research institutes across Australia
Hozelock Bioforce pond filters are highly effective pressurised pond sewerage treatment plants in a small cylinder that can be hidden by burying up to its lid.
Their efficiency is boosted by the use of patented Hozelock Cyprio Kaldnes Moving Bed Technology
The Bioforce Revolution features a patented, easy clean system and is combined with a 3 step filter process to offer Clear and Healthy Water Guaranteed:
- Suitable for fish ponds up to 6000 litres in cool climates - See notes below for Australian warm climate applications
- High power 18w UV Clarifier eliminates green water
- Mechanical Filtration – CypriCube foams with +50% surface area ensure clear water and facilitate easy cleaning mechanism
- Biological Filtration - Large surface area Kaldnes K3 biological media, accommodates beneficial bacteria in a bug bungalow to maintain healthy water
- No fuss cleaning system - No more dirty hands. Simply turn the handle to activate the internal cleaning blades that separate solids from the Cypricube foams.
- Pressurised filtration without clogging or flow loss. Unique Cypricube foam filters effectively remove waste but do not clog like traditional foam filters.
Features and Specifications:
- Cypricube foam cubes, superior Kaldnes K3 Biomedia and a 18W UV Lamp with "UVC lamp Indicator".
- ClearWater Guarantee with all Hozelock Bioforce UVC Filters (conditions apply, read information in package).
- Supply pump's maximum head: 3.5m (0.35 Bar). Larger pumps will blow the seals or crack the vessel. The use of sump pumps is not allowed.
- Max Flow Rate Through Filter: 3000L/hr. To test this a 20L bucket held under the end of the tube connected to the Bioforce outlet would fill in 24 seconds.
- For best results the pond volume should pass through the Bioforce Revolution every 1½ - 2½ hours, the fastest flow rate being recommended for Koi ponds.
- Inlet & Outlet Size: 1 1/2" BSP Male thread (47.5mm OD) 25, 32 & 40mm step down barb adaptor
- Tubing requirement: 32mm or 40mm preferred - Black Spiral Ribbed Tubing & Full stainless steel hose clamps
- Dimensions (Height x Diameter): 555mm x 390mm diameter
- Weight 9.3kg
- Lamp: 18W UVC, useful life of 12 months
- Cable Length:5m
- Power Consumption & Voltage: 18W 240V
- Winding handle foams agitator and diverter valve means no more dirty hands
- All Hozelock Bioforce Filters must be run 24 hours a day to run efficiently. Ideally they should be run all year.
Warranty: 2 years guarantee - covers faulty manufacturing.
The ideal pump partner is
Please note important considerations for use in the hot Australian climate.
Most pond UVC biological filter and equipment is specified for use in cool European climates. After applying industry and Hozelock guidelines reduction factors for the hot Australian climate, the following pond sizing applies to this equipment - refer to chart.
*The fish stocks should not exceed a total fish length of 50cm per 1000L of pond water. If so, increase the size of unit.