Why buy from us? - We offer the full Firestone accessories system. We are Firestone trained and since 1996 we have been selling to and assisting our customers with EPDM rubber pond linings.
Firestone Pondgard EPDM Rubber 1.02mm pond liner is the perfect long-lasting choice for garden ponds liner, natural swimming ponds liner , dam liner, natural swimming pool liner, water garden liner, fish pond liner, aquaculture pond liner, waste water pond liner, EPDM pondliner, rubber dam liner and for lining Wicking Garden Beds. See the following:
- Full rolls of 30.5m and 15.25m length - The panel is folded and rolled onto a short cardboard core.
- Cut to length quantites - We can cut from the roll to the 0.1m increment, e.g. 4.2m of the 4.88m width.
- Seaming and Detailing - It is normal practice with this product to join, seam, patch and flash detailed work.
- Instructional Videos - For correct techniques when using these products.
Phone 1300 733 113, or click here to email a request, for a free PondGard EPDM sample to be sent in an envelope.
EPDM rubber geomembrane lining was installed in hot southern Spain in 1973. This 12,000 sq metre irrigation pond/dam is still in service today, demonstrating many years of proven performance for the industry. Firestone, our supplier, has over 100 years of expertise in quality rubber production.
PLEASE NOTE: One of the major applications worldwide for Firestone EPDM Rubber Liner is to replace failed plastic dam & pond liners
- BAMBOO: It is advisable not to use any liner membrane systems adjacent to bamboo vegetation because of potential penetration by it's sharp pointy rhizome shoots. If to be the case, to reduce the potential problem an impenetrable continuous vertical in-ground barrier to well below the root ball made of hard plastic or reinforced concrete must be installed between the the bamboo & the pond wall.
- RAPID SET CONCRETE: Do not use Rapid Set Concrete to prepare the base or substrate. The hexavalent chromium compounds, as an ingredient, will cause most liner geomembranes to crumble & crack - see Chemical Resistance Chart in the Technical Information category
LINER FLOATING UP: There are three reasons for this possible occurrence:
- Rising water table: Liner may rise to the surface in bulges if the surrounding water table rises during a prolonged wet period. If your pond or dam is to built in a depression, a hydrastatic valve must be installed and sealed correctly through the liner into a gravel pit below the liner at the lowest point. This will allow a balance of the ground water pressure by under-liner water escaping through the one-way valve into the pond water.
- Potential of rising water table from a spring. If there is a known spring and the pond or dam is higher than the surrounding land then a network of slotted drain pipes must be fitted into the profile under the liner to allow this continuous water under the liner to waste away. A good example for this is if you dam a ravine or gully. A waste pipe should be placed through the base of the wall to allow under-liner water to escape.
- Gas below the liner: If liner is to be placed over buried vegetation, in time, gas will escape causing bulging. It is essential to vent under the liner.
For correct preparation, refer to Section 1 (Design) - Installation Guidelines in the Technical Information category.