Propex® Geotextiles are manufactured to ISO 9001 quality assurance procedures.
Propex® nonwoven geotextiles are manufactured from the extrusion of fibres which are then laid down on a manufacturing “bed” and then needle punched to entangle the fibres such that a dimensionally stable product is formed. Some additional thermal treatment is then applied to further improve the strength of the geotextile. Because of this manufacturing process non-woven geotextiles are generally best used in applications of drainage, filtration and protection.
Polypropylene geotextiles are highly durable & resistant to all naturally occuring soil acids and alkalis, and unaffected by fungi or bacteria.
Firestone Installation Guidelines require that the liner must be protected against slashing from hard sharp particles of 5mm or greater size. Consider also the possible damage by a falling tree branch or the slashing from a diving kookaburra or egret for a fish.
To do this Firestone recommend minimum 250gsm non-wovens geotextile. The acceptable alternative is to have a substrate of aggregate-free clay or sand.
We supply charcoal black coloured Propex® Geotextiles - See product data sheet on each product.
Propex AS501 grade 170gsm (2m & 4m widths x 200m length rolls or cut to length off the roll). Gives clean worksite and some protection.
Propex AS801 grade 272gsm (2m & 4m widths x 115m length rolls or cut to length off the roll). Gives Firestone specified protection over & above the recommended 250gsm plus a clean worksite.
- As membrane protection
- Clean worksite to prevent contamination of EPDM liner seaming & detailing processes
- Stabilisation of driveways or terraces with slabs
- As an impact sound suppression material under flooring
- As drainage geotextile medium under temporary roads, permanent roads, parking areas and paths
- As a protective cover over building materials
- Also use Propex Geotextiles as an interlayer to avoid surface scratches. Use it in your sand box to separate sand from the soil. Use it as a wind shield, or to line your flower boxes. Even use it in the boot of the car as carpet - the list is endless
Geotextile Underlay Fabric