At Rock Around The Block, with over 35 years of experience in Pond pumps, we want to be honest with you. Solar pumps are not like your normal powered pumps. There are Pros & Cons of using a Solar pump. We have listed some of the Pros & Cons of a Solar submersible pumps for you below.
- Green energy, hence eco-friendly
- Low or no running cost
- Low voltage
- No long power cables running from power source
- Cannot run at nights unless you have battery back-up
- Need a shade free location for the panels
- Cost of solar pumps can be expensive compared to a similar capacity powered pump